Women in FinTech (North) – 23/02/18
Following the successful January seminar, FinTech North and Leeds City Council are proud to announce Women in FinTech (North), our February Seminar, on 23rd February 2018.
This event in central Leeds is for anyone interested in the region’s FS and FinTech ecosystem and will be championing diversity in the northern fintech sector.
The session will discuss broader gender balance issues in the FinTech sector, how FinTech and other financial services firms have sought to improve diversity within their organisation, and the benefits of doing so. We will also discuss the HMT Women in Finance Charter, its role as a catalyst for change and why FinTech firms should consider signing the Charter.
This seminar will begin with a networking breakfast at 8.30am, and will look to finish at 11.00am.
Confirmed Speakers & Panellists:
– Laura Bailey, Founder, Qadre & Spokesperson, British Blockchain Association (Chair)
– Sara Parker, Director, Alban Parker & North Invest
– Georgina Mitchell – Non Executive Director, rebuildingsociety.com
– Sarah Tulip – Chief Operations Officer, aql
– Zandra Moore – CEO, Panintelligence
– Chris Sier – FinTech Envoy to the Northern Powerhouse, visiting professor of Financial Technology at the University of Leeds
– Jay Sheth, Head of Economics, Policy and Regulatory Affairs, Virgin Money
The FinTech North seminars are part of a programme building on the successful convergence of Commercial, Academic, Financial and Technological interests of the FinTech North annual conference which has taken place during Leeds Digital Festival for the last two years.