Whitecap’s research has provided recommendations as to how each region can look to develop and capitalise on their areas of competitive advantage, and will engage with the key stakeholders in each region and key players from the national ecosystem to ensure as complete a picture as possible can be established. You can view and download the reports and read related insights below.
2019-2020 – Reports & links:
- NORTHERN IRELAND – Authored by Julian Wells & Daniel Ryan – November 2020
- WEST MIDLANDS – Authored by Julian Wells & David Mellor – May 2020
- GREATER MANCHESTER – Authored by Julian Wells, Luke Freeman & Eleanor Simmons – April 2020
- LEEDS CITY REGION – Authored by Julian Wells & Stefan Haase – March 2020
- BRISTOL & BATH – Authored by Julian Wells & Stuart Harrison – February 2020
- NORTH EAST – Authored by Julian Wells & James Thwaites – December 2019
- In April 2020 we published a blog How do you measure FinTech (and why should we care?) explaining how we have measured FinTech in our analysis. We wrote about this topic again in July 2020, in a blog titled UK FinTech – ‘work in progress’.
In April 2020 we hosted a webinar during UK FinTech Week on the subject of Regional FinTech in England, where the Whitecap team that produced these reports was joined by Chris Sier (HM Treasury FinTech Envoy & Chairman, FinTech North) and Peter Cunnane (National & International Policy Lead, Innovate Finance), discussing each of the five regional reports. The audio recording of the session can be accessed below:
2018 – Reports & links:
- LEEDS CITY REGION – Authored by Julian Wells & Stefan Haase – November 2018
- In 2018 we also published a number of blogs on this topic which retain relevance today: Regional FinTech developments in the UK, 10 key trends in regional FinTech in the UK, and Why national and regional innovation ecosystems need to think strategically to succeed.