LegalTech in Leeds Initiative
Designed and delivered by Whitecap Consulting, a strategy consultancy headquartered in Leeds, the new initiative is being supported by Innovation@Leeds – a Leeds City Council funding scheme launched last year with the aim of creating fresh collaboration opportunities for innovation-led businesses.
Bruntwood SciTech, Barclays, DAC Beachcroft, Leeds Law Society, rradar, Pinsent and Masons, Salesforce, Toca.io and University of Law have committed to support this programme, and further sponsorship and support is being sought from the organisations in the legal and digital sectors. For more information, please see the LegalTech in Leeds launch announcement.
LegalTech in Leeds aims to address key challenges that are faced by legal services providers, consumers/ businesses and tech firms/ entrepreneurs. As part of the initiative, some of these challenges have been highlighted here >LegalTech in Leeds Key Challenges, we plan to evolve these according to feedback.
Through an event-based format, the initiative will bring together current and future leaders involved in the legal sector, and will help support tech entrepreneurs seeking to engage with the legal sector. It will also aim to enhance access to legal services for consumers and businesses in the region.
Key objectives of LegalTech in Leeds:
- Accelerate Digital Transformation – by creating stronger links between Legal and Tech / Digital sectors to meet client needs.
- Enhance Access for Citizens – by improving access to legal expertise and justice for Consumers & Businesses.
- Drive and Enable Innovation – by supporting Entrepreneurs who can help enhance the provision of legal services.
As part of this initiative, three key events have been designed to bring together the legal and digital sectors in the Leeds City Region.
LegalTech in Leeds – Drop-in Session 1 – 24th February @ Platform:
LegalTech in Leeds – Drop-in Session 2 – 10th March @ Avenue HQ:
LegalTech in Leeds Conference 2022 – 24th March @ West Gate:
The drop-in sessions are short events that will combine some speaker presentations with interactive networking and discussions. The conference will be a showcase event involving keynote speakers, panel discussions and an afternoon of reverse pitches.
How can you get involved?
- First and foremost… register for the drop-in sessions and conference!
- Read our information packs and apply to be involved in the conference day reverse pitches
- Sponsor the initiative
If you are interested in applying for the conference day reverse pitches as a:
- Legal Services Provider – through our application form below, share with us a key challenge (with the option of confidentiality) which you would be open to hearing a potential tech solution for at the LegalTech in Leeds conference.
- Tech Firm/ Entrepreneur – through our application form below, share with us a technology solution that solves a key challenge faced by the legal sector that you would be interested in pitching at the LegalTech in Leeds conference.