Whitecap Consulting is a sponsor of a forthcoming programme of sustainable business conferences which will take place in Yorkshire, the North West and the Midlands.
These free to attend conferences are being organised by In the Circle and are also being supported by a number of organisations including Squire Patton Boggs, musicMagpie, Curveblock, Transport for the North, The Northern Powerhouse Partnership, the Institute of Directors, and Leeds Climate Commission. Other organisations are likely to be announced shortly.
Each conference will ‘inform, educate and advise on more efficient use of resources, better supply chain management, saving money, driving profit, and a fairer deal for all… whilst saving the planet’. The first two events will take place virtually in Yorkshire (19th May) and the North West (30th June), with a Midlands event planned for October.
Richard Coates, Managing Director, Whitecap Consulting, said:
“We are pleased to be supporting this series of events, taking place in three of the major regional cities where we have a presence. Over recent years sustainability has become an increasingly important consideration in social, environmental and economic terms. Sustainability is also a strategic issue for customers, investors, regulators and boards of organisations and is becoming increasingly integrated within business models in pursuit of the creation of long-term financial and non-financial value for stakeholders.”
Alec Walton, CEO of In the Circle, said:
“Sustainability, net zero and decarbonisation have become increasingly important agendas for businesses and policymakers. This event is for business leaders and managers who want to understand more deeply how they can benefit their business and the environment at the same time and will also provide an introduction to the many companies who want to be part of the change but are unsure where to start.”
Whitecap will be speaking at all three of the events. Julian Wells, Director, will take part in a panel focused on sustainability and green finance at the Yorkshire event, with other confirmed speakers including:
- Henri Murison – Director, The Northern Powerhouse Partnership
- Peter Cole – Sustainability Officer, Transport for the North
- Paula Widdowson – Executive member for environment and climate change, York City Council
- Catherine Westoby – Senior Policy Adviser at the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Gordon Rogers – Head of Sustainability, Yorkshire Water
- Anita Lloyd – Director, Squire Patton Boggs (specialising in environmental and sustainability matters)
- Mike Barry – who was responsible for Marks & Spencer’s ground-breaking “Plan A” initiative
- George Graham, director of South Yorkshire Pensions Authority
- Prof Andy Gouldson – Professor of Environmental Policy, University of Leeds and Chair of Leeds Climate Commission
- Steve Oliver – Group Chief Executive & Co-Founder, musicMagpie
Event sponsors include Squire Patton Boggs, musicMagpie, Curveblock, EV3 Power, Harworth, Mott MacDonald, and Orderly. In The Circle is also being supported by Transport for the North, The Northern Powerhouse Partnership, the Institute of Directors, and Leeds Climate Commission and Shine.
Places for the Yorkshire event on 19th May are available free of charge: