EQ’s Credit Services‘ Future of Lending conference was a virtual event consisting of 6 sessions over 4 days. The format was designed to deliver high value content without interrupting the working day. Whitecap was delighted to be invited to take part in the event and have the opportunity to share some insights from our work across various lending markets. Our session was a fireside chat between Julian Wells, Director at Whitecap Consulting and Mark Webster, Account Director at Equiniti Digital. Central to the conversation was Whitecap’s recent report on the building society sector, which was published in April 2021.
The sessions across the conference focused on:
- The year 2020 and how it impacted the financial services sector
- Analysis of how the latest economic statistics can paint a picture of what’s to come
- How companies have spring boarded digital transformation projects to support consumers more effectively
- The “new vulnerable” consumers and the roles of the FCA and technology
- EQ’s recent consumer borrowing research which investigates consumer attitudes to borrowing
- A sector focus on building societies, with emphasis on the role of strategy, mutuality, regionality and technology
Links to individual sessions can be found below:
- Paul Lynam, EQ’s Chief Executive Officer and Richard Carter, Managing Director of EQ Credit Services, discuss the impact of 2020 on the financial services sector.
- Sarah Jackson, Managing Director of Sales, EQ Digital discussed the latest research report examining consumer attitudes to lending.
- Professor Trevor Williams delivered his economic forecast on what is in store for households in 2021 and beyond.
- Julian Wells, Director, Whitecap Consulting and Mark Webster, Account Director, Equiniti Digital discuss the future of lending and savings.
- Panel – the rapid digital transformation of businesses in 2020.
- Panel – vulnerability.