Junior Tech Consultant, Whitecap Consulting, Full Time
Whitecap is an independent regional strategy consulting firm seeking an ambitious, tech orientated and commercially aware Junior Consultant to support client work across a range of market sectors including: Financial Services, Technology, FinTech, Higher Education, Consumer & Retail, Health, PE and Professional Services. An understanding and strong interest in technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, automation, data analytics, digital transformation and agile methodology is a prerequisite for the role, as these will be core areas of focus.
Whitecap’s Tech Practice is growing as we meet increasing client requirements for support in navigating how technology and innovation can future proof their businesses. We are looking for an individual who can demonstrate excellent problem solving and analytical skills, with a willingness to continue to learn about new technologies and a desire to be deployed on a variety of projects and expand his / her subject knowledge.
Whitecap is a regional strategy consultancy, helping clients analyse, develop and implement growth strategies, and our work falls into the following categories:
- Direct client advisory, primarily for mid-market organisations and divisions of corporates
- Commercial due diligence for regional PE investors
- Crowdfunded market and ecosystem analysis and reports; most of which are published here:https://www.whitecapconsulting.co.uk/publications/
The Junior Tech Consultant will be directly involved in the portfolio of client work as well as supporting Whitecap’s own business development aims.
Working closely with the Director leading the Tech Practice and other Directors, the Junior Tech Consultant will benefit from their combined experience of working in strategy and tech-related disciplines.
Working at Whitecap will provide the successful candidate with a diverse hands-on experience that could be used as a springboard for a future career in consulting or a wide range of businesses / industries.
To support the planning and execution of client advisory workstreams and projects with a specific focus on tech strategy, tech advisory and tech insight development but also including strategy and other growth-related projects. To support the development of the wider Whitecap business through opportunity identification and relationship building.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Support the delivery of tech and other consulting projects through research, analysis and the generation and presentation of relevant insights and documentation
- Help capture, assimilate and articulate the technology requirements of Whitecap clients in strategy documentation that can then be used to inform the creation of materials for vendor selection exercises.
- Support the Director of the Tech Practice in the management of vendor selection exercises, including helping devise and implement appropriate scoring and assessment methodologies.
- Deliver key work packages within tech and other consulting projects, such as specific tech market analysis, competitive analysis, buy-side analysis vs supply-side offer
- Support client engagement through attendance and contribution to meetings and workshops
- Support project delivery through the production of high quality written and verbal outputs
- Support business development through market opportunity research and analysis
- Support business development through the production of high-quality blogs, discussion papers and proposals and through engagement with the regional business ecosystem at events and presentations
- Enhance the Whitecap brand through relationship building with existing clients
The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong technology understanding and business mind-set, and a tendency towards research and analysis, strategy development and strategic marketing. Existing skills and knowledge should be supported by a strong desire for personal development and continued learning through project work. Tech understanding of topics such as cloud, AI/ ML / automation, data analytics, digital transformation and / or agile methodology is a prerequisite for the role.