An exciting opportunity to join a growing strategy consultancy with offices in Leeds, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Newcastle, Bristol and Birmingham.
Junior Consultant, Whitecap Consulting, Full Time
Based: Milton Keynes
Whitecap is an independent regional strategy consulting firm seeking an ambitious and commercially aware Junior Consultant to support client work across a range of market sectors including: Financial Services, Technology, FinTech, Higher Education, Consumer & Retail, Health, PE and Professional Services.
Whitecap is a regional strategy consultancy, helping clients analyse, develop and implement growth strategies, and our work falls into the following categories:
- Direct client advisory, primarily for mid-market organisations and divisions of corporates
- Commercial due diligence for regional PE investors
- Crowdfunded market and ecosystem analysis and reports; most of which are published here:https://www.whitecapconsulting.co.uk/publications/
The Junior Consultant will be directly involved in the portfolio of client work as well as supporting Whitecap’s own business development aims.
Working closely with the five Directors, the Consultant will benefit from their combined experience of working in strategy disciplines.
Working at Whitecap will provide the successful candidate with a diverse hands-on experience that could be used as a springboard for a future career in consulting or a wide range of businesses / industries.
To support the planning and execution of client advisory workstreams and projects, including strategy advisory projects. To support the development of the wider Whitecap business through opportunity identification and relationship building.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To support the delivery of consulting projects through research, analysis and the generation and presentation of relevant insight
- To deliver key work packages within consulting projects
- To support client engagement through attendance and contribution to meetings and workshops
- To support project delivery through the production of high quality written and verbal outputs
- To support business development through market opportunity research and analysis
- To support business development through the production of high-quality blogs, discussion papers and proposals and through engagement with the regional business ecosystem at events and presentations
- To enhance the Whitecap brand through relationship building with existing clients
- To support the development of the overall Whitecap proposition through the production of high-quality documents outlining areas of organisational expertise, approach and case studies
- Liaise and attend meetings with other Whitecap team members necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong business mind-set, and a tendency towards research and analysis, strategy development and strategic marketing. Existing skills and knowledge should be supported by a strong desire for personal development and continued learning through project work.