Whitecap is an independent regional strategy consulting firm seeking an ambitious, strategically orientated and commercially aware junior consultant to support client work across a range of market sectors.
Established in 2012, Whitecap Consulting is a regional strategy consultancy headquartered in Leeds, with offices in Manchester, Milton Keynes, Birmingham, Bristol and Newcastle. This role will be based in the Leeds office but the team has been working virtually across all locations during Covid and projects span multiple locations.
Whitecap typically works with boards, executives and investors of predominantly mid-sized organisations with a turnover of c£10m-£300m, helping clients analyse, develop and implement growth strategies. Clients come from across a range of sectors including Financial Services, Technology, FinTech, Outsourcing, Consumer and Retail, Property, Healthcare, Higher Education, Logistics, Manufacturing and Professional Services, including Corporate Finance and PE.
Clients are mainly private sector service industry companies and professional advisers, who engage Whitecap to help with one or more of the following:
- Strategy development
- Business planning
- Implementation support
- Commercial due diligence
The Junior Consultant will be directly involved in the portfolio of client work as well as supporting Whitecap’s own business development and marketing activities.
Working closely with the Directors, the Junior Consultant will benefit from their combined experience of working in business strategy and strategic marketing disciplines. Working at Whitecap will provide the successful candidate with a diverse hands-on experience that could be used as a springboard for a future career in consulting or a wide range of businesses / industries.
To support the planning and execution of client advisory workstreams and projects, including strategy advisory projects. To support the development of the wider Whitecap business through opportunity identification and relationship building.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To support the delivery of consulting projects through research, analysis and the generation and presentation of relevant insight
- To deliver key work packages within consulting projects
- To support client engagement through attendance and contribution to meetings and workshops
- To support project delivery through the production of high quality written and verbal outputs
- To support business development through market opportunity research and analysis
- To support business development through the production of high-quality blogs, discussion papers and proposals and through engagement with the regional business ecosystem at events and presentations
- To enhance the Whitecap brand through relationship building with existing clients
- To support the development of the overall Whitecap proposition through the production of high-quality documents outlining areas of organisational expertise, approach and case studies
- Liaise and attend meetings with other Whitecap team members necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development.
This role is suited to a recent graduate or someone early in their career with strong analytical, research, problem-solving and communication skills. Must be adept in use of MS Office, particularly Excel, Powerpoint and Word.